Re: Auctex for emacs?

From: Alain Muls
Subject: Re: Auctex for emacs?
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:48:59 +0200

    > Another thing. I am used to the Latex editor Kile. In Kile when you
    > type '\ref' a list of all your references pops up and when you type
    > \cite' a list of all items in the bibliography pops up. Is this kind
    > of functionality available in emacs?

   Yes, if reftex is also bundled in the installation; enable reftex and
   in the Tex buffer, hit C-c =; the buffer will split into 2 and in the
   top half you will see a TOC, hitting l there will show all the labels
   and cites.

In auctex you can also use
ctrl-) => insert a reference to a label
ctrl-[ => insert a citattion
ctrl-( => insert a label

by subsequent typing TAB you get expansion of your possibilities