Re: FIX emacs-cvs results in calendar errors

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: FIX emacs-cvs results in calendar errors
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 00:41:58 +0200

Am 09.04.2008 um 08:43 schrieb Gijs Hillenius:
Glenn emailed me, and suggested

(setq calendar-date-style 'european)

which fixes the date: Feb 4th being changed into April 2nd.

Thanks for sharing this! Indeed the new (undocumented) syntax is needed in recent GNU Emacs 23.0.60.

I did not gave so much attention to diary the last years, but I started to investigate it a few days ago. Finally I seem to have found a bug ...

Having these two lines in ~/diary

%%(diary-float t 1 1) Apple Macintosh Computer-Arbeitskreis Frankfurter Hochschulen
        %%(diary-phases-of-moon 'svn-status-symlink-face)

m does *not* mark the days when the moon's phase changes. When I view diary with s, comment the first line, and save the file, these days now get marked. Un-commenting the first line and saving the diary file removes the marks.

What is your experience with fancy-diary-display or the *Fancy Diary Entries* buffer? It might be a decade ago when I last saw it.

BTW, did you notice that when you have set now European date format the date in the diary entries' pop-up also changes in its title?

--
Greetings

  Pete

One doesn't expect governments to obey the law because of some higher moral development. One expects them to obey the law because they know that if they don't, those who aren't shot will be hanged.
                                – Michael Shirley