Re: Quick cycle

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Quick cycle
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 15:06:43 +0200

Joost Kremers <joostkremers@yahoo.com> writes:

>> I have 2 vertical splits, with an additional horizontal split in each
>> in one window. Is there a way to quickly switch between them without
>> cycling using C-x o for instance, or C-x b and typing the name?
>> Perhaps numbering?
>
> yes, put the following in your .emacs:
>
> (windmove-default-keybindings)
>
> then you can switch windows with SHIFT-<arrow-key>. check out
> windmove.el for further options.

Another possibility is window-number.el [1].  It numbers windows and you
can switch them with C-x C-j <number>.  With `window-number-meta-mode'
you can switch them more easily with M-<number>.

Hope that helps,
Tassilo
[1] http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/window-number.el
--
Chuck Norris runs on batteries. Specifically, Die Hards.