Re: spell checker in nroff mode?

From: sato_ichi
Subject: Re: spell checker in nroff mode?
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 19:50:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 5, 1:54 pm, Luke Huang <luke.hu...@exludus.com> wrote:
> I am not a English native speaker so that I always open spell checker
> on-the-fly. It works pretty well even if in programming. But, it's a
> bit inconvenient when it works when I am writing troff file.
>
> For example:
>
> \fBPhysical Address\fP
>
> In this case spell checker highlights \fBPhysical as a wrong word. How
> can I avoid this? (either in an Emacs way or in a troff way)

Which spell checker do you have installed, ispell or aspell? If I use
aspell in ispell compatibility mode from within Emacs, I can never get
it to parse troff files when in nroff mode, no matter what options I
try. The only way I got it to work was to use the real ispell program.
If you have aspell installed then you probably have a /usr/bin/ispell
linked to aspell, so you'll have to rename or delete that link. After
installing the real ispell, put this in your .emacs file:

(setq ispell-program-name "ispell")
(add-hook 'nroff-mode-hook (lambda () (setq ispell-parser 'nroff)))

The spell checker should then be able to parse troff when in nroff
mode.