Re: Electric Buffer mode too boring

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Electric Buffer mode too boring
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 21:59:47 -0600

Dan Espen wrote:

I've been using this with XEmacs for years:

(defconst Electric-buffer-menu-mode-font-lock-keywords

I've never been able to figure out why it doesn't work
with gnu emacs.
Help!
Maybe I'm missing something basic.
Doesn't font lock always automatically look for font lock
keywords with the same name as the mode with the 'font-lock-keywords'
suffix?

It seems to with XEmacs.

I think major modes follow the convention of defining a global variable
with such a name, but also make sure to set the buffer-local variable
font-lock-keywords to reference it.

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA