Flymake under plain emacs in Mac OS X Terminal

From: Scott Heftler
Subject: Flymake under plain emacs in Mac OS X Terminal
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 19:54:46 -0500

Flymake runs find on my Carbon emacs.  But how can I work it under
plain emacs (in the Terminal window)?

The problem: when I try to see the meaning of an error or warning,
using `flymake-display-err-menu-for-current-line' while placing point
on the highlighted code, I get the warning:

``Mac native windows not in use or not initialized''

Any way to set a key command to view the error (or grab the error
text, I can message it somewhere) in Terminal emacs?

-- Scott