Re: How to input chinese characters with `scim'?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How to input chinese characters with `scim'?
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 18:29:43 +0300

> From: Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 11:49:04 +0100
>
> Is out there any Scim user?  I want to input chinese characters with Emacs and
> Scim, but when I do `C-space' the scim bar does not appear at all.

Any reason why the Chinese input methods that come with Emacs are not
good enough for your needs?  Type "C-u C-\ chinese TAB TAB" (yes, TAB
twice), and you will be presented with a long list of input methods to
select from.  Their advantage is that they will work on any system,
even if scim is not installed, and I bet the choice of methods is
larger than what you have with scim.