Re: emacs 22 missing iso-accents-mode

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: emacs 22 missing iso-accents-mode
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:11:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 28, 11:20 am, Steinar Bang <s...@dod.no> wrote:
> I switched from emacs 21 to 22 yesterday, and emacs 22 seems to not have
> the iso-accents-mode.
>
> My fingers have been trained for over 10 years to use these keyboard
> bindings.  Is there a way to get them into emacs 22?

The same functionality is provided by input methods (leim) since Emacs
20. I think the latin-1-prefix input method, or one of the language
specific prefix input methods (which have the benefit of filtering out
prefixes you aren't interested in) will give you what you want.

C-\ toggles input methods on and off. You may have to use C-u C-\ if
it automatically toggles one of the postfix methods in your locale the
first time it is used.