Re: kannada text on emacs 23

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: kannada text on emacs 23
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 12:09:27 +0200

Am 01.05.2008 um 02:10 schrieb Bala:

I have installed font packages emacs-intl-fonts

I don't think this is a solution. GNU Emacs 23.0.60 is the Unicode Emacs. Therefore it's rather recommended to use Unicode encoded (vector) fonts (TrueType, OpenType). I can see good Indic scripts support only in Emacs.app, the Cocoa port of GNU Emacs 23.0.60 to Mac OS X ...

The online manual needs updating.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.