Re: ergonomic based emacs keyboard shortcut set

From: Xah
Subject: Re: ergonomic based emacs keyboard shortcut set
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 17:40:58 -0700 (PDT)

On May 1, 7:59 am, harven <har...@free.fr> wrote:
> Do you have the frequency of the C-x prefix ?
> I use it pretty often, just wondering what's his rating.

The answer i found was that, the way of emacs keybinding
infrastructure, prefix keys don't correspond to any command.

Umm.. actually, it can be counted by summing up the count of all
commands with that prefix key.

Thanks for this idea. I'll add this to the frequency report.

> I definitively want to try your layout. Two remarks though.
> C-h =  delete-backward-char is mandatory for me.
> Too many applications use it that way. And the h key is
> a perfect spot on the Dvorak keyboard.

Yeah. I agree.
This shortcut set doesn't do any C-«key» remapping, so it's still
there.

> Also, C-t, M-t and M-c on a Dvorak keyboard definitely deserve
> better shortcuts than the default ones.
> I am currently using  C-t as the C-x prefix and M-t as
> M-x.

Good choices. I have C-t for C-x too. For M-x, i have it at M-a. The M-
t is reserved for parts of the arrows on homerow set.

  Xah
  xah@xahlee.org
∑ http://xahlee.org/