Re: w3m navigation

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: w3m navigation
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 10:15:18 +1000

"Lorenzo Isella" <lorenzo.isella@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear All,
> I am giving a try to the w3m emacs web-browser. I am finding it pretty
> interesting.
> In order to change from a web page to another, I tried out all the
> suggestions in:
>
> http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org/info/emacs-w3m_13.html#SEC13
>
> However, every time I try to visit a new web page,  I have to modify
> the url of the current page, whereas I would like to be able to type
> in directly the url I would like to visit. I am sure that for someone
> experienced this has to be a one-liner in the .emacs file, or maybe
> there is something I am misunderstanding.
> Many thanks for any suggestions.
> Cheers
>
> Lorenzo

What I do is hit 'g', type in the new url or paste in a new one and then
hit C-k to kill the rest of the line. When you hit 'g', you are put at
the beginning of the line with the current url as default. Hitting C-k
kills the line from where the cursor is to the end. Therefore, anything
you type is inserted before the 'default' url, so C-k clears it. Its
similar behavior to firefox when you hit C-l, in which case the current
url is highlighted and you hit del to clear it - with w3m instead of
hitting del to clear it, you hit C-k.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au