Re: Bug with diary-float ?

From: Brian Adkins
Subject: Re: Bug with diary-float ?
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 21:31:20 -0400

reingold@emr.cs.iit.edu (Edward M. Reingold) writes:

>     BA> Huh? Are you saying that May 4, 2008 should count as a "5th Sunday of
>     BA> the month"? diary-float works as I'd expect for all cases where the
>     BA> date actually exists in the month e.g. 1st Wednesday, 3rd Wednesday,
>     BA> 2nd Saturday, etc.
>
> Yes; the function was intended to give you a day of the week after/before a
> certain point, like, "The third Tuesday after November 12."  If you want to
> restrict it to a particular interval, you can do that too, why restrict it to
> a calendar month?

Do you actually use this feature? I would think "3rd Tuesday after Nov
12" is much more rare than the 5th Sunday of the month. Most calendaring
programs provide an "nth day of the month" feature.

To answer your question about why I want to restrict it to a calendar
month, it's because that's when the event is :)