Re: AUCTeX and Tramp

From: Joel J. Adamson
Subject: Re: AUCTeX and Tramp
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 13:10:21 -0400

Stephen Berman <Stephen.Berman@gmx.net> writes:

> When I try to run LaTeX via Tramp on a remote file under AUCTeX, LaTeX
> says it can't find the file.  I can't tell if this is a bug or a faulty
> configuration or other user error.  I have the same LaTeX setup (paths,
> etc.) on both the local and remote machines.  I can reproduce the
> problem with Emacs -Q by evaluating (load "auctex.el" nil t t), opening
> the file via /ssh:, and typing C-c C-c to run LaTeX.  Then I get the
> following output:

Are you sure you're running latex on the remote server?

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only
for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and
properly dispose of this information.