Re: Printing Agenda from Org Mode

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Printing Agenda from Org Mode
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 11:12:29 +0200

Hi Charles,

"Charles L. Snyder" <clsnyder@gmail.com> writes:

> I have been using org mode as a todo / gtd list. It's very nice, but
> after looking at the manual, I'm still having a few minor problems.
> One is this:
>
> In the normal org view, I can C-c C-a and show an expanded view:
>
> * TODO [#A] Prepare Talk[%]
>   SCHEDULED: <2008-05-22 Thu>
>   - [ ] Review old talks
>   - [ ] Finish Notes
>
> However, when I do the agenda command to open the agenda buffer, and
> select t to show the todo items for printing, I cannot expand the
> items....
>
> Tasks:      TODO [#A] Prepare  Talk[%]

The point of the agenda interface is to quickly see things in a single
glance. It does not only let you select items depending on the context
the keywords, etc, but it also _sum up_ the trees by giving access to
the headlines only.

So it is not possible to expand subtrees within the agenda view.

But you can activate the follow mode by pressing `f': it will open a new
window and display the subtree of the agenda headline you're on.

HTH,

--
Bastien