Re: Building on the Hurd

From: Colin S. Miller
Subject: Re: Building on the Hurd
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 22:12:03 +0100

Evans Winner wrote:
<snip>
Phil Carmody <thefatphil_demunged@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
I am beginning to think that it would be better to just
install Hurd from the ISOs (which means buying a replacement
for my broken IDE CD-ROM drive).
You can loop-mount the ISO from the harddrive by using
mount ~phil/hurd.iso /mnt/cdrom -o loop,ro

However this won't work a boot time.
You might be able to use the ISO from your existing Hurd install
to attempt to repair the installation.

HTH,
Colin S. Miller

--
Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters of the
hostname to reply.