Re: Strange "boldification" of letters

From: Joel J. Adamson
Subject: Re: Strange "boldification" of letters
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 10:13:39 -0400

Torsten Bronger <bronger@physik.rwth-aachen.de> writes:

> Hallöchen!
>
> Reiner Steib writes:

>>> I know this passage very well.
>>
>> Is there a good reason not to honor the request of the developers?
>
> If I know for sure that it is a bug in Emacs, I honor it.  In this
> case, I found it totally plausible that it's Gnome which is to blame,
> or some other layer between Emacs and my flat panel display.

In my last reply I forgot to mention that I had the same problem using
various window managers, none of which included Gnome (Metacity).  It
may be a fonts.conf issue with Dejavu/Bitstream Vera fonts.  Try turning
off font-smoothing, or a different font.

I also had problems using Dejavu in xterm.  In other words I don't think
this is an Emacs issue.

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician

Ineffective security measure:

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only
for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and
properly dispose of this information.