Re: How to hide the startup echo area message?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: How to hide the startup echo area message?
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 00:37:34 +0200

Am 12.05.2008 um 23:29 schrieb Bruce C. Miller:

Having already read this story (several times, in fact), I find this
message rather annoying after seeing it for the zillionth time, but I
haven't been able to turn this off. Can it be done?

        (setq inhibit-startup-message t) ?

Or upgrade to a more up-to-date version of GNU Emacs 23.0.60 from CVS – I think it stopped showing such messages.

--
Greetings

  Pete

This is a signature virus.  Add me to your signature and help me to live