extract flyspell errors to abbrev list

From: Fabian Braennstroem
Subject: extract flyspell errors to abbrev list
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 18:36:27 +0200

Hi,

    I am writing a lot of text in German using
    auctex-cdlatex and flyspell, which works fine, except
    that I use an american keyboard layout and have trouble
    to insert German umlaute. Actually I just want to type
    the american work-around like 'ae' for 'À' and replace
    it using abbrevs. The problem with this is that I would
    have to create an abbrev for every german word with
    umlaute... so, is there a way to let abbrev lern from
    the displayed mistakes of flyspell? Or is there another
    nice way to create umlaute without switching the
    keyboard?

Greetings!
 Fabian