Re: How to connect to remote emacs session

From: reader
Subject: Re: How to connect to remote emacs session
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 23:10:19 -0500

Thierry Volpiatto <thierry.volpiatto@gmail.com> writes:

> reader@newsguy.com writes:
>
>> I know there is quite a lot of information on how to connect to remote
>> email sessions but a lot of it is old I think.
>>
>> I wondered if some could post a brief outline of how that is done.
>> Just the needed steps and tools involved.
>>

> If you use multi-tty version of emacs and a server is running on this
> emacs , you can use:
> ,----
> | emacsclient -t
> `----
> To run a server on emacs:
>
> ,----
> | (server-start)
> `----

I guess I'm not understanding how this is supposed to work.  I'm
looking for a way to ssh into a box1 running emacs-23 with the server
running, then in my ssh terminal box2, I want to use emacsclient to
edit something or more likely I'd like be able to to connect to a gnus
session box1 emacs is having.

Or at least be able to turn off the gnus session with something
besides kill -TERM $pidtoemacs

Box1 is running emacs-23 the server and gnus
The best way I have to test it right now is
from box1 ssh to box2.  fron box2 ssh back to box1 and in the ssh
session try to test this out.

What happens when I run emacsclient -t somefile  is I get a horrible
puce background with wheat foreground  and syntax coloring that is
useless and partially invisible due to poor choice of colors.

Will I have to adjust every detail or is there some global way to tell
emacs to use sensible colors for terminal imulation window.

And how do I get to the gnus session?