Re: Dired like functionality on a custom text file

From: Chris McMahan
Subject: Re: Dired like functionality on a custom text file
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 07:16:45 -0400

Look at the function `dired-virtual` -- part of the virtual-dired mode
in dired-x.

The short version is you use dired to view a directory you're
interested in, then save that dired buffer to a file. You can then add
other dired listings to this file to build the collection you're
interested in. When you open the file the next time, use M-x
dired-virtual to put it in dired mode.

- Chris

--
     (.   .)