Re: opening a filename that appears in a buffer?

From: Marc Tfardy
Subject: Re: opening a filename that appears in a buffer?
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 22:04:03 +0200

ljp schrieb:
Hello all,

I'm relatively new to emacs, and it is gradually becoming the central
fixture through which I do all of my programming.    One thing I find
myself doing often is executing a shell command in a shell buffer, and
then wanting to open a file that was listed in the output of the shell
command.   To do this right now I manually select the filename and
paste it into the minibuffer for C-x C-f.  Is there an easier way?
Like, maybe, a command that is able to pick out a filename from the
buffer when the cursor is in (but not necessarily at the start of)
that filename, and then open the file in a new buffer?

Yes, there is an easier way: ffap = find-file-at-point.

regards

Marc