Re: minibuffer already active

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: minibuffer already active
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 20:50:40 +0300

> From: "coliban@gmail.com" <coliban@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 02:44:45 -0700 (PDT)
>
> seems that i have the ancient emacs problem :
>
> sometimes, out of the sudden, emacs is telling me that the "minibuffer
> is already active" and no further action is possible.

Do you by chance exit an active minibuffer, like, for example, when
Emacs prompts for something in the minibuffer, and you click a mouse
in another buffer?  If so, don't do that; type C-g to abort the
command that caused the prompt, before you click where you want.

The same goes for when you suddenly see Emacs saying minibuffer is
already active: you can click your mouse in the minibuffer, and type
C-g, perhaps more than once, to abort the commands that prompted in
the minibuffer and which you left hanging around.