Re: Trouble getting ange-ftp to work

From: Davin Pearson
Subject: Re: Trouble getting ange-ftp to work
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 21:27:46 +1200

2008/5/27 Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de>:
> That's why I wrote " *ftp data*" - the leading space matters. Please
> show the contents of this buffer after you've tried to open index.php;
> the buffer shall contain the directory listing of the remote
> directory.

It is cool how buffers whose name starts with a space do not show up
in any of the buffers menus.  Is that the case?

Here is the contents of " *ftp data".   I hope this helps...

apple.jpg
apple.php
banana.jpg
banana.php
carrot.jpg
fern.png
hello.html
index.php
inner
inner-1.php
inner-2.php
inner-3.php
inner-4.php
inner.inc
inner.php
Makefile
R4-Version-1.0-Setup.exe
R4-Version-1.1-Setup.exe
R4-Version-1.2-Setup.exe
R4-Version-1.3-Setup.exe
root-bot.inc
root-top-1.inc
root-top-2.inc
rw_folder_cache.csv
sex.php
test.php
tutorial-8
tutorial-9

Note that I have bound C-f to d-find-file (d stands for Davin's Lisp),
which internally calls find-file.  Therefore it should be sufficient
to call M-x find-file to get the correct result.

--
Sincerely and kindest regards, Davin.
Davin Pearson http://www.davinpearson.com