Re: default-directory in windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: default-directory in windows
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 00:26:08 +0300

> From: rahed <raherh@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 19:46:52 +0000
>
> in emacs 22.1 I had (setq default-directory "D:\/my/default/dir/") in my
> .emacs.
>
> This no longer works with my 22.2 - it's ignored when I run the emacs.

I cannot reproduce this on my machine with Emacs 22.2: a .emacs with a
single line that sets default-directory works for me.  Can you tell me
what exactly made you to come to the conclusion that this line is
ignored?

And btw, do you really have "\/" after "D:"?  If so, you may wish to
try to remove the backslash: it's unneeded.

> Does default-directory work with 22.2?

It does for me.