Re: Image-Dired thumbs issue

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Image-Dired thumbs issue
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 21:44:20 -0600

Allan wrote:
The workaround, which is basically unsatisfactory, is to place the
ImageMagick binaries folder/directory as the first item in the `PATH'
environment variable. The problem is that if you do this you cannot use the
Windows XP "convert" built-in command. You might be able to get around
this with commands such as "set path=%path%;<my folder>" but it will
only work within a command window temporarily.
In my case once I tried the workaround I changed it back to the
default `PATH' environment variable setting.

Why not try leaving your PATH environment variable as is, and adding the
ImageMagick bin directory to the front of the Emacs exec-path variable?

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA