Re: What commands are there to identify a system's MTA mail transfer age

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: What commands are there to identify a system's MTA mail transfer agent?...
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 10:11:45 +1000

> Am 03.06.2008 um 14:32 schrieb Don Saklad:
>
>> How do you identify a system's MTA ?...
>

> By reading the documentation? Apropos mail?

My question would be why do you need to know? I ask this inorder to
understand what you need to know because in most cases, from an end-user
perspective, it is largely irrelevant. Most MTAs, as a minimum, support
compatibility with sendmail. They may have more advanced features, but
are usually compatible and you can usually get basic results assuming
sendmail.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au