Re: Special character Emacs

From: Nikolaj Schumacher
Subject: Re: Special character Emacs
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 20:30:10 +0200

Andreas Wittmann <andreas_wittmann@gmx.de> wrote:

> i'm using Emacs 21.4.1 with ubuntu hardy, today i established that it
> isn't possible for me to use the '^'-sign in emacs.

What does that mean?  Does nothing happen at all?  Does C-h k ^ say
anything?

Are you using emacs from the terminal?  If so, does ^ work in the
shell?

I'm assuming you're using a German keyboard layout.  Does it work using
an US keyboard layout.  Might ^ be configured as a dead key?

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher