Re: simple color scheme

From: Dmitry Dzhus
Subject: Re: simple color scheme
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 14:27:20 +0400

peter hodgson <imputerate@puteracy.com> writes:

> i need to get rid of the complex color schemes in my gnus mail buffer,
>  (Message MML Fly +Chg Abbrev Fill)
> and my major emacs composing mode,
>   (Parindent Fly +Chg);

Setup corresponding faces via `M-x customize-face ... `. Message-related
faces have prefix `message-`.

> i want a white [not gray] background,
> black foreground,
> and yellow for spelling mistakes;
>
> do i have to purge all mention of color from .bashrc, .bash_profile,
> /etc/X11/Xresources, etc.?
>
> can i start over with a few simple lines? i've googled and read up on
> this topic, but nothing i've tried can even get rid of the gray
> background;

Set white background in default face.

See `color-theme.el` package (AFAIR it's bundled with modern GNU Emacs),
you might consider creating your own color theme package.

--
Happy Hacking.

http://sphinx.net.ru