Re: Help

From: Xah
Subject: Re: Help
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 12:47:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 9, 9:36 am, ila <irdaqr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How do I customize emacs so that I can type C-x instead of meta/alt.
> So, for example, I can type "C-x x forward-char" instead of "M-x
> forward-char".
> I want this to apply to all shortcuts with meta, not just that one.

Many Meta keybinding will then jam with the Control bindings. So, you
either swap Control and Alt system-wide, or you have assing M-x to C-x
on a case by case basis.

You can use this to do it wholesale
(keyboard-translate ?\M-x ?\C-x)

How to Define Keyboard Shortcuts in Emacs
http://xahlee.org/emacs/keyboard_shortcuts.html

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/