Re: create emails from dairy entries

From: reader
Subject: Re: create emails from dairy entries
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 08:54:04 -0500

Kevin Rodgers <kevin.d.rodgers@gmail.com> writes:

> reader@newsguy.com wrote:
>> I didn't do any research on this ... mainly because I drew a blank
>> trying to think where or how to start.
>>
>> It may be old hat to someone here:
>>
>>   Can I cause an email to be sent from the Emacs Diary when Appts or
>>   other events roll around?
>
> You could try setting appt-display-format to `window', and then
> set appt-disp-window-function to do something completely unrelated
> to its purpose like sending email.

Leaving the corral for a moment:

I find appt-display-format in emacs manual with index search.  One hit
only...but looking for further descriptions with
`M-x apropos appt-display-format
  or
`C-h v appt-display-format'

shows no-match.. perhaps I need to have some specific package loaded?

Further the emacs manual at `39.11 Appointments':

Doesn't contain enough information for me to figure out how to do
this.  I say `for me', that is, it may have plenty enough info for
someone more knowledgeable.