Re: In buffer completion: tabkey2.el or hippie-expand and overlays

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: In buffer completion: tabkey2.el or hippie-expand and overlays
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 02:47:00 +0200

beaubert wrote:
I'm looking for a way to use hippie-expand or tabkey2 with overlays, but don't know how to do that and wich one is the best (for example I'm not sure if hippie-expand or tabkey2 do the same thing ...!)

tabkey2 does not do completion. It just tries to give you the possibility to always use Tab for completion.

If you are using tabkey2-mode and hit Tab then the first Tab will "normally" indent the current line. If you immediately type Tab again a completion function will be invoked.

You may wonder which completion function will be invoked. In that case you can type Shift-Tab instead of the second Tab. That will show you which completion function is the one to use. Typing Shift-Tab again will change to the next completion function available.

There are of course some options in tabkey2 that let you choose the order of the completion functions.