Re: No copy when killing

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: No copy when killing
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 19:21:01 +0200

> Is there some way to disable copying to the clipboard when deleting
> something (ex. with M-d or C-k)? I'm asking this because I often find
> myself copying something and then deleting successive lines, and when
> I have to paste what I had previously copied, it's really annoying to
> have to scroll through with C-y M-y.

The delete-region function might do the trick for you?

Either
 M-x delete-region RET
or bind it to a key (ah,... it's actually on a menu! see below).

The result of `C-h f delete-region RET' :
delete-region is an interactive built-in function in `C source code'.
It is bound to <menu-bar> <edit> <clear>.
(delete-region start end)

Delete the text between point and mark.

When called from a program, expects two arguments,
positions (integers or markers) specifying the stretch to be deleted.

[back]