Re: tramp 2.1.13-pre messed up symbolic link?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp 2.1.13-pre messed up symbolic link?
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 10:37:58 +0200

Yang Zhang <fz15@HPC.MsState.Edu> writes:

> Not sure if it is the tramp's problem, or emacs 23, or both. I'd like
> to use the snapshot emacs version 23 because I can use antialiased
> fonts and that looked really nice.

I cannot reproduce your problem here (I'm also running Ubuntu
8.04). Could you, please, start Emacs 23 with

  emacs -Q

No further settings needed; Tramp 2.1 is included there. Then rerun your
test.

If there is still a problem, please apply (setq tramp-verbose 9) before
running the test. As usual, I would need to see Tramp's debug buffer.

> --Yang

Best regards, Michael.