Re: viewing webpages inside emacs

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: viewing webpages inside emacs
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:13:42 +1000

Thr4wn <Seth.A.Bird@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a way to view pages inside emacs? I found the browse-url
> family of functions, but I want to know if emacs can render html pages
> itself (which seems rather unlikely), or even just view the results of
> a textual browser inside emacs.

Two solutions I use

w3m-el, an emacs mode that uses w3m and displays pages in emacs. Works
really well for text stuff, but lacks javascript support.

The second alternative is w3.el - a web browser written in elisp. Has
some real potential IMO, but is lacking people to help develop it.

Both solutions work nicely if you just want to view text based pages
that don't rely on javascript etc.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au