Re: How to automatically increment an index array

From: Klaus Zeitler
Subject: Re: How to automatically increment an index array
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 09:23:17 +0200

    Francis> I have this problem: in a buffer, *scratch* for example I have:
    Francis>
    Francis>   [8735b450] = xxx,
    Francis>   [0x15] = xxx,
    Francis>   [0x16] = xxx,
    Francis>
    Francis> After running a 'magic' command I'd like to calculate the new
    Francis> array indexes as follow:
    Francis>
    Francis>   [8735b450] = xxx,
    Francis>   [8735b454] = xxx,
    Francis>   [8735b458] = xxx,

I would recommend a keyboard macro. You start by inserting a number into
a register (with number-to-register). Then go to your first line, delete
the chars between '[' and ']', insert register, increment register, move to
next line and so on.

Just look in info for "Keeping Numbers in Registers" (A nice feature IMHO :-).

HTH

Klaus

--
|  Klaus Zeitler      Alcatel-Lucent  |