Re: "reduced-mode" wanted

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: "reduced-mode" wanted
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 11:06:19 +0200

Am 26.06.2008 um 14:20 schrieb Ali Pang:

I will use this in combination with the latex-mode, using a simplified
version of latex (i.e. they will be using new commands defined by me), and some easy key bindings I would add afterwards. Thus I would want things to
remain simple after loading this major mode.

I don't think this is reasonable – unless you're going to teach very old persons that won't (be able to) try to use AUCTeX around Christmas and later on. CUA mode is something that brings MS Windows into GNU Emacs.

--
Greetings

  Pete

I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.
                                – Hunter S. Thompson