Re: gud : Phase error in gdb-pre-prompt (got pre-emacs)

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: gud : Phase error in gdb-pre-prompt (got pre-emacs)
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 14:04:33 +1200

 > Yes, I was using stabs format. So I switched to dwarf-2 but the situation
 > is worse because now gdb itself takes ages to load the binary :( Compared
 > to this, the "initialising..." time seemed short. Seems that I'll have to
 > continue with stabs and load the binary manually...

OK.  That's not very satisfactory because the buffers won't have the name of
the executable in the mode-line.  In CVS Emacs, I've created a booolean
variable, gdb-create-source-file-list, that determines whether or not Emacs
creates a list of files.  It probably won't be used much but it's default value
is t, so those who don't need it won't need to know about it