Re: Diary and Holidays

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Diary and Holidays
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 09:54:40 +0200

Am 30.06.2008 um 20:40 schrieb Chris Willard:

I am having a play with the diary and calender in emacs and would like
to know if is possible to show UK holidays instead of US. If this is
not possible can I turn off the displaying of holiday?

It's both possible. The latter is true when you do not have customised

        '(view-calendar-holidays-initially t)

(although there might be some interference with diary), for the former you need to overwrite the holidays lists, general-holidays, local-holidays, christian-holidays (or whatever you need), and in the end record:

        (setq calendar-holidays
          (append general-holidays local-holidays
                  christian-holidays solar-holidays)
        )       ; other-holidays ?
        (setq calendar-week-start-day 1)
        (setq european-calendar-style t)
        (setq calendar-date-style 'european)

Much, if not all, can be done via the customisation interface. The original definitions are in calendar.el.

--
Greetings

  Pete
                      ~  o