how to compile on remote machine

From: Michal
Subject: how to compile on remote machine
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 15:24:19 +0200

hallo Group Members

I first thought of using tramp for this, but my tramp 2.1.12 does not
have tramp-compile function which is mentioned in tramp manual.
How to do this then?:

TRAMP provides commands for compilation of files on remote machines.
In order to get them loaded, you need to require `tramp-util.el':

     (require 'tramp-util)

   Afterwards, you can use the commands `tramp-compile' and
`tramp-recompile' instead of `compile' and `recompile', respectively;
*note (emacs)Compilation::.  This does not work for the `ftp' and `smb'
methods.

regards,
Michal