Re: Can emacs be made to right Messages buffer to disc?

From: Nordlöw
Subject: Re: Can emacs be made to right Messages buffer to disc?
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 08:18:43 -0700 (PDT)

> (defun save-messages-buffer ()
>    (with-current-buffer (get-buffer "*Messages*")
>      (save-buffer 0))) ; or just (basic-save-buffer)
>
> (add-hook 'pre-command-hook 'save-messages-buffer)
> (add-hook 'post-command-hook 'save-messages-buffer)

This behaviour is not that useable as it constantly clutters the
minibuffer with the message "Wrote ~/.emacs_message". Can we make save-
buffer() silent perhaps?

It also writes to disc every time every time we navigate in the source
code which I believe is not that good for performance. I believe a
better solution would be to auto-save the buffer reguarly using a time
interval. Somebody know how?

/Nordlöw