Re: trouble binding to <next> & <prior>

From: Mirko
Subject: Re: trouble binding to <next> & <prior>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 05:49:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 7, 4:04 pm, "Lennart Borgman (gmail)"
<lennart.borg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mirko wrote:
> > On Jul 7, 2:09 pm, "Lennart Borgman (gmail)"
> > <lennart.borg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> It looks like you have been doing
>
> >>   (define-key iop-alert-mode-map "<prior>" 'view-previous-entry)
>
> >> instead of
>
> >>   (define-key iop-alert-mode-map (kbd "<prior>") 'view-previous-entry)
>
> > Nope.  This is what I have
>
> >  (define-key iop-alert-mode-map (kbd "<prior>") 'view-previous-entry)
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > Mirko
>
> Could you try to re-evaluate the code. Place point inside the defvar and
> do C-M-x (this will just set iop-alert-mode-map to nil again). Then
> place point inside the unless form and do C-M-x again.
>
> Does this correct the keymap?

Yes and no.

Following your instructions to the keystroke, I first set the map to
nil, and then re-assigned it.  And now h-m gives a much saner
response:
<next>          view-next-entry
<prior>         view-previous-entry

(In my defense, I did try restarting emacs and reloading the file,
before starting this topic).

However, h-k on page up and page down still gives:
<next> runs the command scroll-up
  which is an interactive built-in function in `C source code'.
It is bound to C-v, <next>.
(scroll-up &optional arg)

??

Thanks,