Re: how to import other programming language support on windows emacs ?

From: james
Subject: Re: how to import other programming language support on windows emacs ?
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 07:44:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 7, 9:20 am, black <quitebl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks. i tried ur method and
> C:\Documents and Settings\Black Qin\Application Data\.emacs.d\auto-save-list
> is exaclty what i got from C-x C-f ~/.emacs.
>
> anyone who's experienced with emacs and windows could figure out how can i
> import my actionscript.el pls ?

Do you have something loaded which does some sort of autocomplete at
the find prompt (unlikely, I suppose)?  If so, or if you're not sure,
you can get around it by calling the function non-interactively like
so:
  M-x eval-expression
At the "Eval: " prompt enter:
  (find-file "~/.emacs")
including the parentheses

Like someone else mentioned, you can also try _emacs as a workaround
that I've never found necessary under windows XP

If you get the .emacs file open, first find a place to save the elisp
file, perhaps ~/elisp
  M-x make-directory, then ~/elisp
Copy the file to C:\Documents and Settings\Black Qin\Application Data
\elisp using windows explorer

Then you can follow rene's advice and to the .emacs file add:

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/elisp")
(require 'actionscript-mode)
(setq auto-mode-alist (cons '("\\.as$" . actionscript-mode.el) auto-
mode-alist))

Then M-x eval-buffer to try the settings out