Re: Emacs vs. TextMate (not trying to start an editor war)

From: Cezar Halmagean
Subject: Re: Emacs vs. TextMate (not trying to start an editor war)
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 10:22:27 -0700

On 2008-07-10 01:58:28 -0700, Xah <xahlee@gmail.com> said:

I wrote:

«I think to have emacs work with today's web dev needs out of the box
is one of the most important need for emacs.
(see http://xahlee.org/emacs/modernization_of_elisp.html )
»

oops, the url should've been:

http://xahlee.org/emacs/modernization.html

 Xah

I totally agree. I have not yet read your article (I will do it right now). My worry is that elisp is not good enough or maybe to hard for that kind of work, I hope I am wrong.

Also I don't mind if support for web dev is not ready out of the box, I can deal with configuring it but I want it to be stable, featurefull and not look like it's from 1980.

Cezar