Re: gdb with tramp problem

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: gdb with tramp problem
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:01:01 +0200

Joe Bloggs <who@cares.invalid> writes:

> Emacs 21.4.1 on Debian Etch with gdb 6.4.90-debian, and using cc-mode version
> 5.31.3
> 'info source' from within gdb gives the correct path to the source file.
> Strange thing is I can set the breakpoint from within the source buffer with
> C-x <SPC>

Which version of Tramp do you use? I would expect that you need Tramp
2.1; Tramp 2.0 (as offered by Debian) is not sufficient AFAIK.

I also remember some tuning in Emacs 23 wrt cooperation of gdb and
Tramp. Nick shall know it better than I do :-) but likely Emacs 23 is
the best choice for this task.

Best regards, Michael.