cc-mode configuration issues

From: Rodrigo Canellas
Subject: cc-mode configuration issues
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 11:04:41 -0300

Hi,

I read the CC Mode manual, but I still do not know how to do a couple of things:

1 -
How to automatically insert a new line when C/C++ code is coming to, for example, column 78. I was able to do this with comment lines, inserting " '(c-max-one-liner-length 77)" in my '.emacs', but it does not work for code.

2 -
I would like to insert a single space after certain characters, such as '+', '-', '&', '=', etc. I think I can do this with a hook lisp function, but I do not know how.

Could anyone help me?

Thanks a lot!

believed to be clean.