Delayed Typing Hints of Multi-Level Keyboard Shortcuts

From: Nordlöw
Subject: Delayed Typing Hints of Multi-Level Keyboard Shortcuts
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 05:12:37 -0700 (PDT)

I suggest an interaction hint improvement for the Emacs developers
that I believe would be very clever for all Emacs users from beginners
to experts:

Why not to make emacs, I guess in minibuffer, after a short delay,
*hint* the continuation of *all* multi-level keyboard shortcuts/
bindings?

This delay would of course be configurable defaulting to I guess one
second (that is what C-h uses).

This would make Emacs much more *exploreable* and thereby more
attractive for new users.

An example of this kind of hinting is already available in the help
(prefix key C-h) so I guess it should not be too difficult to
implement this generalization.

Does something like this already exists in Icicles perhaps, Drew
Adams?

Thanks in advance,
Nordlöw