Re: disable subscript superscript raise/lower?

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: disable subscript superscript raise/lower?
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 22:48:00 +0200

* Benjamin (2008-07-16) writes:

> GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9)
> Using emacs in LaTeX mode shows superscript and subscript as raised
> and lowered respectively, which is kind of neat, but sort of breaks
> the spartan "simplicity" of emacs that I have come to like,

Are you sure you are not confusing Emacs with ed?

> and
> renders some of the sub sub scripts unreadable.  How do I disable this
> feature?

Assuming you are using Emacs' built-in TeX mode, Stefan Monnier provided
a hack on this list before:

(eval-after-load "tex-mode" '(fset 'tex-font-lock-suscript 'ignore))

If you are using a development version of Emacs, you can simply
customize `tex-fontify-script'.

--
Ralf