Re: GUD/GDB in emacs

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: GUD/GDB in emacs
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:57:20 +1200

 > When using GUD, can one embed a dereference into one of the panes?

I'm not sure what you mean exactly.  Maybe expand a node in situ in the
locals buffer, for example.

 > Currently I can only see *p, for example, if I make it a watch point and
 > enable the speedbar which is a horrendous waste of screen real
 > estate.

If ECB gets integrated into Emacs, I plan to use tree-buffer.el for watch
expressions instead of the speedbar but I think that they will always need
their own buffer.

 >         Sure I can "display *p" in the *gud* buffer but thats pretty
 > horrible since it all scrolls past. Any hints or tips and/or references
 > to good GUD tutorials appreciated.

I think some debuggers use tooltips to expand expressions but I'm not sure
how that works.