Re: How can I make my caps lock key act like a control key?

From: Csányi Pál
Subject: Re: How can I make my caps lock key act like a control key?
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:39:55 +0200

emacs615 <benjaminbondtate@gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, I am running these commands as the root user.  Still -- no luck.

OK

I find a solution for myself!

I used showkey to get keycodes of the relevant keys.
I get these in hexadecimal form, so I used Emacs calculator
M-x calculator and converted these numbers in to decimal form (H or D
in calculator show the number in hexad. or decim. form.).

I used

dumpkeys > ConsoleKeymap

to get recent keymap and with

M-x ediff

I compared ConsoleKeymap with copied keymap.
It was OK so I go further.

Then I edited the copied keymap, swap the keys, and load it:

sudo loadkeys ~/keymap.gz

I get the keys on the Console as I whish! :D

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi