Re: Is there any elisp functions to tell whether the cursor is in a comm

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: Is there any elisp functions to tell whether the cursor is in a comment block?
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 20:30:25 +0300

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 21:10:56 +0100, Joe Bloggs <who@cares.invalid> wrote:
>"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:
>> Just out of curiosity: Why don't you upgrade to Emacs 22?
>
> I tried, but couldn't get it to work properly.  I wasted a whole day
> ****ing around with my .emacs, load-path etc.  I use quite a lot of
> packages and I'm not sure which ones are compatible or not. So for the
> moment I'm sticking with what works (i.e. emacs 21).  Actually maybe
> you could give me some tips on a smooth transition?  My OS is Debian
> Etch.  Currently I get the following error when I start up emacs 22.2:
>
> "File error: Cannot open load file, tramp-gw"
>
> which means I can't use tramp.

You can definitely use tramp with Emacs 22.  [I've been using it ever
since it became part of the CVS tree of Emacs 22, before it was actually
released as Emacs 22.1.]

The only caveat is that it is now part of Emacs itself, so if you are
using a custom installation of tramp for Emacs 21.X it may be worth
*removing* the custom local tramp package from the default load-path;
this way the default tramp package that is now part of Emacs will take
over and it should Just Work(TM) out of the box.